home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Topiary Hello card

We just enjoyed a fabulous May long weekend here in my neck of the woods (our Victoria Day long weekend, sometimes called the "May 2-4 Weekend", which is odd considering that day is this coming Sunday, and in fact will be celebrated by our American cousins as Memorial Day weekend).

To be honest, I think the "May 2-4" moniker has more to do with beer than it does with calendar dates :-)

Regardless, it is a time of flower and garden planting, and in my case, some backyard minor landscaping. My upper back & shoulders are reminding me today of how much heavy lifting I did moving bricks and bags of limestone screening, but hey! my backyard is starting to shape up.

Today's card is all about lovely plants - in this case, a 3-tier Topiary using PTI's Topiary Trio stamp & die set.


I ran the kraft cardstock through my Cuttlebug with PTI's Linen & Canvas Impression plate (hard to tell in this photo), then added a border die along the top to add a bit more detail. I diecut the 3-tier Topiary base in cream cardstock, then stamped the pot base with Early Espresso ink (Stampin' Up). The Topiary overlays were diecut in light green cardstock (Certainly Celery - again SU!), and adhered to the card base with pop dots.

To make this card multi-purpose, I kept the sentiment general by diecutting WPlus9's Hand Lettered "Hello" die in Early Espresso cardstock.

Another quick & easy card!

Hope you enjoy a lovely week and thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!