home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

All Aboard Masculine Cards

Hello ...
long time no blog! LOL

I really have to kick myself at my lack of posting on my blog. It truly wasn't my intent when I had the blog design created.
I think my main "issue" (one of many) is that I lack photography skills to take good shots of the cards I've created. And, don't get me wrong, I'm still CREATING - merely not going the extra distance to photograph them, edit the photos to fine tune them, then take the time to blog about them, complete with all the details.

A few weeks back my stamping group and I enjoyed our semi-annual card-making weekend at the cottage, so I immersed myself in their amazing creativity, as well as the breath-taking scenery of the locale. The large diningroom table that we create at looks out a large window that faces the lake, and this is the view I have as I sit in my seat -

I missed the Fall 2014 event due to my DH's heart attack, so it felt good to go back this Spring. It was a fabulous weekend, with 5 FA-BU-LOUS gals - can't wait for the next one.

So, onto some of the cards I've managed to create and actually take pics of :-)

First up, a couple of Masculine Birthday cards I made with the "All Aboard" stamp set from Technique Tuesday.

I used one of the dies from Avery Elle's Dotted Elle-ments Dies for the 2 flag tags I placed on the side of the stamped image, offset, cut from black cardstock and an old 6"X6" DP pad I have. The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set. To add a bit more detail, I placed 3 flatback Black pearls in the corner, and diecut a small button from black cardstock & wrapped it around the lowest flag with natural twine. All of this was placed on a diamond embossed panel, and distressing was done with Vintage Photo ink.

I've actually made several masculine card designs lately that I'll share with you soon. I have a tough time with these types of cards, as well as CAS cards, but I'm trying to stretch my creative wings and make more of them.

Thanks for popping in - hope you had an amazing Mother's Day weekend. It sure is nice seeing and feeling that warm sunshine.

Until the next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!