home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Monday, April 7, 2014

With Sympathy

We are finally starting to get some warmer temperatures here in the Toronto area, and rain - instead of snow - is forecast for later today. I'm hoping it will melt the snow that remains and wash away a lot of the grit that winter and snow mounds seem to accumulate.

I can't wait to get my hands "dirty", not with ink, but with gardening! I'm starting to see crocuses and early blooming flowers peek out of the ground - yay!

I got some time over the weekend to devote to cards - double yay! :-)

This was a quick sympathy card I put together using Stampin' Up's Just Believe, and the tag image from Everything Eleanor. I've seen many cards that pair these 2 images together, so I can't take all the credit for this card.

I originally stamped the panel and trimmed it to size, but when I saw this embossing folder in my stash, decided to start over as I wanted to "frame" the image within the embossed area. Mat framing is in Midnight Muse and Smokey Grey cardstock. The sentiment, from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages, was stamped in Midnight Muse on a tag from Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio, which also holds the silver/grey satin ribbon to finish off this easy CAS Sympathy card.

Back soon with a card or two that I worked on over the weekend. Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!