home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

King of the Barbecue

Hiya -

Just posting a quick card that I made during a cardmaking get-together with some gal pals. One of them brought along this adorable BBQ die (from Memory Box) that just begged to be used in a Father's Day card.

The funny thing is, and I don't know if it's the same at your house as it is at mine, but guys get all the credit for a great meal cooked on the BBQ. The truth of the matter is, it's the "lady of the house" who cuts, marinates, and preps everything to go on the grill.

The man just throws everything onto the flames, cooks it (and in my case sometimes, BURNS IT), and takes all the credit.

Am I right, or am I right? :-)

Hmmm, allow me to get to my card before I end up creating a bit of marital discourse ... LOL


The die was used to cut 3 diecuts from Real Red, Basic Black, and Tangerine Tango cardstock (all from Stampin' Up). I know, I know ... sorry. That's just the way I roll. I then cut away the various sections then adhered the colour I wanted to the Black base.

The sky blue DP was in my stash, originally purchased from Michael's (Recollections), and suited the card perfectly for my "scene". The Grass die is from My Favorite Things, the clouds are from Papertrey Ink, and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes from Stampin' Up. The clouds were lightly distressed along the edges using Pumice Stone Distress Ink.

The inside of the card simply says "You're The Best". Gotta keep the "cook" happy !!!

Hope your day is perfect & thanks for popping in.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Susi, thanks for your lovely comment!! Yess - that is the perfect description of man BBQing!! Your card is fabulous, I love the scene and wonderful elements!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You are sooooo right!!! This is darling, Susi... and I do wish I were closer for one of your card-making-gatherings!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!