home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Life is Better with Friends

Today I'm posting one of my favourite types of cards ...

Not Birthday cards (although I do tend to make more of these than any other cards).

A "just because" card. Sent for no other reason than to just say "hello; I'm thinking about you and want to let you know how much I appreciate you".

Nothing makes me smile more than when I receive them, or send them. We always expect to receive lovely creations from our cardmaking pals on our special days (Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc.), but those that arrive out of the blue are truly Happy Mail, aren't they?

I have been itching to use this stamp set that I ordered from Close To My Heart, but wanted to use it along with the Tropical Leaves set from Simon Says Stamp. Unfortunately I didn't order the SSS set as soon as it was released, but my order is in and I'm waiting for it to be back in stock soon.

So I had to search my stamp stash to see if I could find another set with leafy greenery that would work and settled on a PTI set.

I think it turned out just fine!


I love how this CTMH set has 2 Flamingo images that face each other. And it also allows you to stamp the beak, body, legs, and wings separately. The sweet sentiment is also from this set. So adorable!

The wing diecut on the left was brushed with Wink of Stella clear glitter while the wing diecut on the right was accented with stickles to add a bit of bling to my card.

This was a fun card to put together!

Thanks for dropping in - have yourself an amazing day.

Supplies:
Stamps: Close to My Heart Tickled Pink; Papertrey Ink Willow; Papertrey Ink Sand Swatch
Dies: Close to My Heart Tickled Pink Thin Cuts; Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Die Set
Ink: Simon Says Stamp Teeny Bikini; Stampin' Up Sahara Sand + Garden Green; Distress Broken China Ink




3 comments:

  1. Super sweet Susi, love your sweet flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled to say I'm the lucky recipient of this card and it's super cute! I just love how Susi has the flamingos facing each other using different wings and legs. And what a perfect sentiment to go with these cute birds! Isn't it great to have crafty friends so you can get treasures like this in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are darling, the greenery perfect, but I adore the little stippled pink footprints they're making!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!