home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gold Birthday Candles

Hi -

Another quick post today.

I'm amazing myself lately with the frequency of my posts (and card creating!). It's the fact we've been experiencing a lot of rain lately here in the Greater Toronto area, so although my garden is loving the moisture (and me the free water!), it's not a great time to be outdoors weeding or planting. It is, however, a great time to make cards :-)


Another easy card - I used Penny Black's Bright Wishes, which was heat embossed in gold on the main panel. Gold Rhinestones were adhered for the flames, and the sentiment panel was gold embossed on black cardstock, which matches the black matting. To soften the card somewhat, I rubbed the edge of the white cardstock with my Krylon 18K Gold Leafing Pen.

I actually did this card in several different colours - using silver embossing powder as well, then using a rainbow of different colours of rhinestones for the "flames", then matted in a coordinating cardstock colour. The sentiment panel was heat embossed on vellum instead. This one - the black & gold - has a decidedly "masculine" feel to it, which is fine by me.

Thanks for stopping in.

7 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this card. The gold and black are such a classic combo. So beautiful Susi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty Susi, I love how you extended the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun card Susi...would be super for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the gold..what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold candles, Susi! Beautiful birthday card. We could use some of your rain,here in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susi!! I'm stopping by to say hello, and say thanks ... this is just a gorgeous birthday card! I love what you do with gold embossing! Sensational! How is all that rain passing me by?
    =]

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!