home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Monday, January 30, 2017

Altenew January 2017 Inspiration Challenge - Hello

Hello & welcome -

It seems that Mother Nature has decided she would spring Winter back on us this week, after almost 2 weeks of unseasonably warm temperatures that saw most of our previous snowfall melt and disappear.

I'm not sure which weather I prefer, as the warmer temps brought mucky conditions in our local park. I cringed while walking our dogs as this would inevitably mean I'd be washing my floors several times each day. Yes, the pleasures of owning 4-legged furry friends never ends! In my case, 2 long-haired Irish Setters (read into that: more space for dirt to hide and eventually fall off in the house LOL).

I'm so happy you've paid my little blog a visit today as I have another card I worked on over the weekend, this one using my Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour set. This card's inspiration comes from Altenew's January 2017 challenge, as seen here:


I must admit that I don't use yellows much - I tend to sway towards blues & greens more often - but I like how these colours go so well together. You need only check out the amazing gallery on the Altenew site to see what I mean. So many amazing cards.


This is only the second card on which I've tried watercolouring (if I don't count my throw-aways!). It'll definitely be a large learning curve for me, but I do enjoy it, so I'll keep practicing.

I added some gold and black ink spots on the watercoloured grey BG once everything had dried. I cut out the image with my Stitched Rectangle dies and mounted it on gold cardstock along with a grey Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Frame diecut. The image panel is popped up for dimension.

Hope your day is a crafty one!

Supplies: Altenew Best Mom & Flower Frame stamp sets

4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Susi ... the colour combo is delicious ... love the touches of gold! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercoloured look, love the gold embossing on the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...love your beautiful yellow flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! You created such a beautiful frame for the pretty flowers. Yellow is a favorite of mine so I love your choice!

    ReplyDelete

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!