home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pop! Clink! Fizz!

I had a lot of fun - and frustration (LOL) - putting this card together.

I've always had a vision in my mind of how this card would come together ever since I saw the PTI release for this stamp set - PTI's Propose a Toast stamp set & co-ordinating die.

It doesn't look anything like my mind's vision! :-)

Does that ever happen to you? It's rather common for me. Many times I set out to create a card, only to go off on another creative curve to end up with a design that is nothing like what I thought it would be. Oh well ... at least I got something done!


The basic pieces of my original idea are here. I used Acetate with the Propose a Toast die to simulate glass champagne glasses, and the words to portray what happens when a bottle of bubbly is opened for a celebration. The PTI Notched Hearts Banner Die Collection diecuts were an afterthought (did I mention I have a HARD time doing CAS cards? LOL).

The sentiment is from PTI's Congratulations Mini Stamp set, and a few iridescent rhinestones were added to finish this card off.

Thanks for "popping" in ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!