home instagram contact about me resume splitcoatstampers pinterest

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Stampin' Up's Petite Petals

When I first started seeing cards made with this set on Pinterest, I tried to shrug off the urge to buy it as I felt I already had enough "flower" stamp sets/dies in my ever-growing collection (does it never end? LOL).

But over time I realized I couldn't live without it so I broke down and purchased it. I'm SO glad I did. It has to be my most used Stampin' Up bundle to date - it's so versatile!

I decided to do a card with a vase of flowers to herald in Spring. With the winter we've had here in the Toronto area, I felt it would never get here! Alas, the warmer temperatures are almost here (almost, as we're still not quite out of the woods), and here's my card:



I used a combination of Stampin' Up cardstock colours (Calypso Coral, Crisp Canteloupe & So Saffron) to punch out the flowers after stamping them with the same colour ink, then added a bit of extra detail with smaller flower punches and an ivory pearl for the centres. I used the SU Sizzlit Leaf die, along with one of the vase dies from PTI's Mega Gracious Vases, which was sponged with Old Paper Distress Ink to soften the edges. The border punch used is one I've had for a long time (likely purchased at Michael's).

Now if only the REAL flowers can start to show their lovely faces!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So sweet of you to comment - thank you for taking the time!